April 27, 1999 (7:15 p.m.)
SUMMARY OF AMENDMENTS SUBMITTED FOR H.R. 1480, THE WATER RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT ACT OF 1999
(in alphabetical order)
11. Baker: Provides that mitigation banking will be the preferred alternative for wetlands mitigation efforts authorized or paid for with federal money where there is a bank in the area of a water resource project. LATE
6. Borski: Provides increased flood protection for Sacramento by adopting Senate-approved language that adopts the plan of the Corps of Engineers to modify Folsom Dam to improve the ability to release water from the dam sooner, and strengthen and modify the levees downstream from Folsom to handle the increased flows. WITHDRAWN
3. Hilleary: Provides a statewide authorization for the Corps of Engineers to provide environmental assistance to non-Federal interests in Tennessee.
4. Hilleary: Provides authorization to initiate a feasibility study and Environmental Impact Statement for a water supply project in Cumberland County, Tennessee.
8. Matsui: Replaces the flood control provisions for Sacramento, California that were adopted in committee reported version of H.R. 1480, if such provisions are struck out.
7. Oberstar: Provides increased flood protection for Sacramento by adopting the plan of the Corps of Engineers to modify Folsom Dam, to improve the ability to release water from the dam sooner, and strengthen and modify the levees downstream from Folsom to handle the increased flows. Also, requires that measures to increase the capacity of the levees be undertaken only after downstream mitigation features have been constructed.
9. Pickett: Provides for periodic beach nourishment at Sandbridge, Virginia.
5. Riley: Sense of Congress that the meaning of "water quality" is to be considered in all water quality negotiations as consistent with current federal law governing water quality.
10. Shuster: Managerís Amendment.
1. Stupak: Directs the Secretary to review and, if applicable, reimburse the city of Charlevoix, Michigan, for repairs conducted on a seawall in Charlevoix Harbor.
2. Tauscher/Petri: Strikes sections 581 and 582, which authorizes several water supply infrastructure projects in the American River and Sacramento River basins.